Online seminar: Guidelines on the Right to Water for Africa
In July 2020, the African Commission on Peoples’ and Human Rights (ACHPR) has adopted the Guidelines on the Right to water for Africa to advance the human right to water all over Africa.
Datum: 26. 03. 2021 14:00 – 15:00
The Guidelines have been developed on the concern that
- an estimate of 300 million people in Africa live in a water-stressed environment,
- water grabbing is on the rise,
- water is more and more polluted by industry,
- climate change already imposes a significant impact on human populations, ecosystems and the physical environment,
- many jurisdictions still work on the basis that the right to water is not justiciable.
What is the content of the guidelines? How can they be implemented in conflicts on water? How do they make the human right to water justiciable? How could they be used by civil society organisations working on development issues in African countries?
These questions and more will be discussed during the online-seminar. The seminar will be conducted in English.
Please register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5076234492239606032